Monday, September 22, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
As I did last week, I'll provide you with more English learning sites. I typed the words "Interesting English Learning Site" into Google and was directed to this page.
Open up that site in another window (remember to right-click) and try to answer the following eight questions:
- Who put together the page, and when?
- What is the first hyperlink on the page?
- What is the last hyperlink on the page?
- Listening, Vocabulary, Grammar . . . how many categories of sites are there?
- How many Easy Level sites are there on the whole page?
- In which section, and at what level, is the Remarkable Translation Page?
- Go to Edit, go to Find, search for 'slang'.
- Go to 'Write a Funny Story', select 'Super Salad' and try the activity.
Monday, September 08, 2008
I really enjoyed my weekend. Wasn't the weather gorgeous?
Recently, I've been clearing out the papers in and on my desk. I re-discovered something that I had forgotten I had. It is a 12-sheet booklet of useful websites for learning English. It is 4 years old, but many of the websites should still be active. So what I will do is spend an hour taking a look at some of them, and listing the best of them.
Please browse all of the following within the hour, and let me know what you like best.
- English zone (looks very useful)
- English page (looks similar to the above)
- Virtual language centre (this looks great. Try the web concordancer)
- Learning resources (it concentrates on reading)
- Study zone (start with a number . . .)
- English baby (I'm not sure what you will find here :-) Make friends on line?
- English learner movie guides (for people who like movies)
Monday, September 01, 2008
I'm sorry that I wasn't with you last week. Two weeks ago I promised that I would introduce you to a music site on the Internet. Today we will go there.
The site is called Last FM. I use it a lot. I think that you could get a lot of fun out of it too. Open up two windows so that you can view it and this blog on the same screen. Remember to right-click and "open in a new window or tab".
Try to do the following:
- sign up (see the top right corner)
- log in
- type in the name 'Beatles' and press "play"