Course Evaluation Summary
Morning English 4 - Sem.2, 2006
Course Content and Methods
- Grammar – please cover various points as revision
- Structure – please provide more structure
- Individual study – please retain 30-minute periods when students work in individual areas (set up ‘appointments’)
- Comfort – please continue to keep classes more relaxed than in, say,
- Computers – using them within the classroom is better than going to a computer suite – limit that to once a week
- Skills – build these up one by one, not all at once
- Conversation – please have situational role play (NZ information, habits and Kiwi customs are most useful)
- Topics – if we have specified topics or themes, then people can study these using the skills that they wish to practice.
Next year the programme will be simplified from a management point of view, but also for the sake of the students, who need to see some sort of structure and pattern. Students will be eased into technology more gently. AM3 and AM4 will be combined for more of the time so as to free up the two teachers concerned and have the workload be more commensurate with their partial employments of 0.75 and 0.8. Individualized programmes will be set up early so that more individual attention can be given. The emphasis will be to increase confidence in producing output.