- Listen to or read what AJ Hoge has to say about the way that English is taught in Japan. I had exactly the same experience.
- Look at the difference between a teacher and a coach (thanks again, AJ Hoge). You need a coach, not a teacher.
- Learn about yourself with questionnaires like VARK, Kiersey. together with Kiersey 16 personality types and Briggs-Meyers, the 8 intelligences, 8 styles of learning, how analytical, creative and practical you are, and many more. This will give you ideas about how to learn English better.
- Go through this powerpoint of a personal learning profile. It shows how useful it is to know about yourself.
- Learn about motivation and psychology in a podcast, a video or by reading about it here (thanks again to AJ Hoge).
- Have a chat with a chatbot!
- Language exchange on LiveMocha.
- Read and/or listen in Japanese and in English.
- Learn from the man who learned Polish from Harry Potter!
- Hear what Richard Simcott has to say (in 2 or 3 minutes)
X Factor English
Here are some useful links for you: