Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm not sure if you are here today


I'm not sure who will be here today in the computer lab. But even if some of you (or even all) are away, you can always access this blog from home, from overseas, and whenever you wish.

Today I shall set you a number of tasks. I am going to give you a list of the skills that we have practiced throughout the year. Are you able to do all of the following? If you can, then that shows you are able to use the resources that the Internet provides to make your English study fun, efficient, interesting and with variety.


  1. Can you navigate to (find) my blog by yourself?
  2. Can you search through my blog (try searching for the word 'grammar')?
  3. Can you click on a hyperlink? (click to see where I found today's image)
  4. Can you switch on or off the 'mute' button (look at the bottom right on the toolbar)?
  5. Are you able to use Youtube (and pause to allow the clip to download)?
  6. Do you know how to right-click and open a second window?
  7. Do you use 'bookmarks' or 'favorites'?
  8. Do you have another English site that you regularly visit?
  9. Do you have a set of headphones for listening?
  10. Do you know what 'archives' are?
  11. Are you able to send me an email (try now)?
  12. Are you able to see another random blog (hint: click on the hyperlink 'Next Blog' at the top of this page.

No comments: