Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday's assignment

photo by Leigh Blackall

Welcome to the afternoon. I am sending you these instructions from F121. Find me there when you come to Step 4.

Step 1: Sketch a simple map of the interior of the Bill Robertson Library. Don't forget: there are two stories--floor one and floor two. This should not take you more than half an hour.

Step 2: Divide the floor area up into exactly 20 sections. It is up to you to decide how to do this, but every space should contain resources. For example, the children's section, the audio-visual section, the periodicals section etc. Label each area.

Step 3: Now I want you to rank these 20 sections into order from the most interesting (1) to the least interesting (20). There are no wrong or right answers. It is only your opinion. (And your ranking is not likely to be the same as anyone else in the class.

Step 4: Visit me individually in room F121. I will then give you the last instruction. You must allow half an hour for the last task, so see me before 2.30 pm.

Later: I will give you a random number from 6 to 15. Look at your ranked list. What is that section in the library (it may be journal about nursing, it may be NZ fiction . . .). THEN, I would like to to take out a book (or whatever) from that section. You will need an ID card. If you don't have the idea card, then just make a note of the title and the author. Next Monday we see if you were successful.

Okay, good luck. Help one another like a true team. I am with you in spirit.

No comments: