On June 30, we had the second of 6 coaching sessions. Three people out of six managed to come. The session's title was: Take charge/Know yourself.
I wanted to begin with 3 surprising facts:
- No one can teach you a language - you learn it on your own
- You already know enough English - you just need to practice it
- There is only one mistake - which is to avoid making mistakes
We talked about Mistake Phobia (mentioned in the previous post).
I also asked you to answer 2 things, if you have time:
- What are your off-buttons? That is, which things do you dislike doing when you study English (for example, I dislike classrooms and exercises)
- What do you think about the 10 following beliefs? Children learn better than adults. Women learn better than men. Quiet people learn more slowly than people who love to talk. Grammar is important. Mistakes should be avoided. The harder you try, the faster you improve. If you go more slowly and carefully, you learn more. Some people have a talent for language. It takes years to learn a language well. It's best to learn English in an English-speaking country.
Also, Jane, I found the audio for Alice in Wonderland too.