What's on the agenda for this morning?
Well, I would like you to do some speaking, reading, writing and then listening. (No formal letter writing today!)
First of all, form groups with people you don't usually sit with. Three or four tops, please. Try to answer the following questions:
- Have you seen 'Speed'?
- When is 'the dead of night'?
- Do you know what 'pepper spray' and 'tear gas' are?
- What does it mean 'to be on stand-by'? Can you give an example?
- Please explain 'running a red light'.
- What is a 'joy-ride'?
- Does 'going for a Sunday drive' hold any appeal for you or your family?