Sunday, July 29, 2007

Thanks to you

Yesterday I thanked Samantha. Today I'd like to thank Jack and Safaa. Safaa reminded me about an Oxford website, and Jack has prepared a list of many of the websites that we have looked at from time to time. I saw it in class on Thursday and asked to copy it. Today I'll distribute it to all of you. During our computer suite hour, you are invited to visit and/or bookmark these for yourselves.

If you do this on you gmail or other private account - or better yet, on Delicious - then you will be able to access these even after the end of the year, when you may no longer be a student at Otago Polytechnic.

Next, I am going to give you back your writing, and I will indicate up to five errors that I need you to make a note of. That is to say, I want you to write the error you made, the correction and the explanation of what you did. By doing this, you will be much less likely to repeat these particular mistakes.

By the way, today's topic is alternative-fuel cars. What do you think of this one which we are thinking of building at Otago Polytechnic? Below I've included a clip from Youtube. It is an interview with a slow-speaking Australian who speaks very well about Permaculture and Peak Oil which, while they are not about alternative-fuel vehicles, are about related issues.

No comments: