Anyway, yesterday's topic was a good one. It sparked plenty of conversation and discussion. Who would have known that Taiwan and South Korea share the world's lowest birthrate of 1.1?
Let's continue the topic. Today I would like to start with your speaking. Everyone that wishes can give a short talk. Anyone who doesn't wish to needn't. Instead, they will help the speakers with their topic.
Your topic is identical; you will all be speaking about the issue of farmers seeking brides from other countries. However, your audiences will be different. I'm asking that you prepare a one-to-two-minute talk for the following audiences:
- A Vietnamese official speaking to a group of Vietnamese teenagers
- A tour operator speaking to a group of South Korean bachelor farmers
- A woman speaking to other women in South Korea about welcoming a Vietnamese bride to the village
- A woman speaking to other Vietnamese women about their duties to their parents
- A husband persuading his wife that their daughter will be better off in a richer country
- A man speaking to other men about whether or not it is a good idea for them to go on a tour to find a wife
- A Vietnamese wife speaking at the funeral of her South Korean husband about her married life
Next you will deserve a treat. I shall let you see the start of the 1995 movie, Picture Bride. I shall pause the movie from time to time to ask questions and for you to write answers.
Finally, here is another photograph that may inspire some debate and discussion: