Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A short week starts


Welcome back after the long weekend. Did you think about the queen and her birthday at any time during the three days? I didn't, I must admit!

This week, on Thursday, we shall have another assessment: B3 Can write a formal letter
In class for the next few days we will be concentrating on that.

However, I think that it is also important to focus on your listening. I shall speak (or write) more about that thereafter, but for now I want to remind you of a good listening website called VOA or Voice of America. Please visit that site and explore it.

After clicking on the link, scroll down to the section about science and technology. (I shall tell you which article later on).

I would like you to listen and read to more articles to improve your listening. It needs to become a habit for you, I firmly believe. Last week in the afternoon you had a listening assessment, and I was one of the teachers who looked at your answers. I would like to help those of you who need to do that assessment again, because there is not that much time until the end of the semester (we finish classes for three weeks at the end of June).

No comments: