Thursday, June 14, 2007

Totoro


Today it's wet instead of icy, so the question I ask is: Did you arrive dry?

I always keep a change of clothes at work, so it doesn't worry me if I get rained on. Let me tell you about an item of clothing that I'll wear to class - my Totoro hat. Totoro is a Japanese cartoon character, as you can see in the picture.

Mami made this hat for me. It's made out of felt. Felting is one of Mami's hobbies. A friend of hers teaches felting, and she had made a Totoro hat for her daughter. I saw it and liked it, and I asked if Mami would make me one. She did, and you can see it today.

Also today we'll get a resit out of the way. Although only a few of you have yet to achieve B1 Can read a procedural text, all of you can try. It only takes 20 minutes.

After that, I would like to let you know about the results of last week's assessment: B3 Can write a formal letter. A little less than half of you will resit this next week. I shall see you one by one and let you know.

During that time you may do a little writing for me; look back at the photograph I included in yesterday's post (scroll down further to view a larger version) and write a short description of it. What is it of? Where and when might it have been taken? What do you think is happening. How does it make you feel? Does it remind you of an incident or a story?

Alternatively, you may wish to look at another procedural text.

No comments: