Friday, August 11, 2006

Another Friday, another week

It's been a busy couple of weeks for me, rushing down each lunchtime to benefit from Leigh Blackall's knowledge (along with Ken and Thanasis). Don't ask me about my organisation or the state of my desk. Administrative matters - don't ask!

Perhaps my students feel a little left out too. Quite regularly now I leave them to work on their own. It's something that they are gradually geting used to - fingers crossed.

The good thing is that I now have twelve of my students on line with their own blogs. I would have signed up more today, but blogger was down for maintenance.

One interesting thing was that a few of my students were suspected of being robots, when they only posted a sentence or two when they first posted. That was a hassle, because the unblocking did not go quickly or smoothly. It was easier to set up another blog and then make sure the first post was long enough.

One of my students, 'apprentice housewife', got her blog set up, but somehow it had no space about the composition box for a post title. It has happened to me once before, and I asked Leigh about it, but he hadn't come across that particular problem.

Sadly 'apprentice housewife' had previously been suspected of being a robot! I do hope that she persists.

My mission today is to cc a copy of this post from my email account, williamottelucas@gmail.com to the networked learning group, networked-learning@googlegroups.com I subscribe to. Here's hoping!

No comments: