Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Lots of bedtime reading for you


Because this is the final day before your assessment, M1: Can read a narrative text, I shall concentrate on that today. I shall give you a short story to read, I selected from a useful website of narrative texts. If you want more practice before the assessment, or if you need to repeat the assessment, or even if you just like reading, please make use of this site of 100 stories.

I chose the particular story that I am giving you because one of you found herself in the same predicament yesterday as Jack.

The second thing I would like to do is work more on your conversation. I gave you each three conversational tasks yesterday, but I wonder how many of you remembered to try them? I saw that Lance did his best to remind you. I will remind you today, in groups of six.

Finally, the third thing that I am asking you to do is . . . some more writing. I would like you to use your own words to tell the story about the grains of rice that I told you yesterday.

No comments: