Thursday, August 02, 2007

A Taste of the Taj


Nice day outside once again, isn't it?

Anyway, today we'll break from routine once more. In fact, I think that from now on, this will be our new routine. What I mean is that I will not hesitate to change our routine if something interesting and relevant for us crops up.

For example, over the past two evenings, Mami and I have watched two Indian movies: Apne, and The Namesake. One was pure Bollywood - glitzy and glossy. It uses clichés from the Rocky movies.

The second movie, however, was very very classy. I would really recommend it. In fact, you can hire the two on one DVD from the dairy on the corner near to our old school. The new owners are Indian - possibly from Fiji - and they hire out Indian movies.

Today in class I'm going to show you parts from both. We shall use them for our English. Here's what we'll be doing in class today:

  1. Dictation (from me, from this news story)
  2. Narrative text reading practice
  3. Writing feedback (I believe that by the end of the semester everyone will improve a lot)
  4. Grammar correction (the subtitles of the first movie)
  5. Writing
  6. Visiting the Taj Mahal

No comments: