Thursday, September 13, 2007

Blast from the past

Hi everyone

The Internet was down up until about 30 minutes before class, so this is a rush job!

I dug out a couple of worksheets from 2005 - were you in my class then? Maybe George and Carol and one or two others were). Anyway, this is what we'll do:

I've printed you off a sheet with an article on each side. One of them is a bottom-up activity, where you inset the missing words. The words I chose are small ones, ones which are often overlooked in English class.

On the other side is an article about glaciers. The dictation I will give you comes from that. I want you to see if the phrases I give you exist in the article. I'm talking about meaning here - not the exact words.

After that I did a quick search for "Glaciers warming ESL". I found an idea for quick discussions, writings etc. We shall run with those.

I found a 2-min documentary that we can try to see, and if you are interested there are many resources listed at this site. (There's a bit French here, but don't let that put you off.)

No comments: