Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Prah Pongsak's story - A Ghost

Last year, I was in Wat Buddha Gothenberg, Sweden, for three months teaching meditation to Thai people and whoever else was interested. It was my first time long journey overseas, so it excited me very much. I had many exciting, fantastic and impressive experiences and one of them was very special. It was the day that I will never forget.

It was a nice day in the middle of autumn. The sky was clear and the weather was warm. I had finished meditation about 2 P.M.. Suddenly, I saw someone came into my room. It was unbelievable, but I could see through his body to a cupboard behind!.

He looked like a tall man but his body was transparent. A twinkling fluorescent light spread out from his whole body. He was waring a tight orange shirt with sleeves that were long enough to cover a little below his elbows, and his trousers were tight and just covered a little below his knees. Like a boat floating on the water, he moved softly and slowly in the air about one foot above the floor. He did not come straight ; he just walked in front of me for a short distance and then disappeared!.

Even through it was my first time for me to see what some people may call “a ghost” , I was not scared at all. It might be that he was nice and not awful. When he left, I remembered my merits, the good things I have done, offered them to him and wished him to be happy on his way.

I realized that, according to Buddhist knowledge, he was not a ghost or devil, but a kind of after-death being that can be found around the world.

No comments: