Monday, September 17, 2007

Safaa's story -

One day, when I was 8 years old, my dad said to me, “I have good news for you we are going to spend the holiday in a lovely house near the beach.” My sisters and I were happy when we heard that, because we love the sea, sun, sand, and fresh air.

I used to ask my dad many questions, so my dad looked at me and said, ‘I will tell you where the house is and how many bedrooms are there. Sometimes my dad was angry with my questions, but this day he was not. With a big smile he told me everything about the house and he answered all my questions.

I could not wait to see it when I knew there was a swimming pool. However, when our car stopped at the house I was shocked, because I saw a big dog standing in front of it, so I cried and I said to my parents, “Oh, what is that?” My dad said the dog belonged to the owner and he was supposed to stay outside in the backyard. I hated dogs, so I could not imagine how I could stay in the house with it.

Therefore I refused to spend the holiday at the house with that dog and I said to my parents that I was going back to the car, but my dad said, “He will not hurt you. He is chained up you. You do not have to go near him.” I went into the house and I tried to enjoy playing with my sisters.

After a few days I got used to listening to his barking and sometimes I looked out of my bedroom window at him. I even, tried to give him some food. By the end of the holiday we had became friends and I did not hate dogs any more.

No comments: